Monday, September 22, 2008

dream for one more day

i made your children my children inside my head
so have you come back to take that illusion away?
i don't want to remember all the mean things we said
i just want to keep my dreams for one more day

once upon a time when i was young
my dreams were strong and flourished in my mind
and even though the best of them may not have come true
remembering them as i do can be kind

and if i embellish on them now and then
who's to say what was or might have been?

i made your heart my heart inside my memories
as beautiful as any dream love could ever know
so if you're here to wake me from my fantasies
no, no no, no, no, i don't want to let this dream go

once upon a time when i was young
my dreams were so beautiful in my mind
even even though the years have challenged them to fail
remembering them as do can be kind

so if i exaggerate them now and then
who's to say what could or might have been?

and what is real?...
anyway?
is it not what we feel
right now, today?
and if i feel love
and wish i could share it with you
is that so wrong
even if it's a dream that will not come true
what if it's still the best i can do?

so please don't tell me what to do inside my head
even if you don't want me part of your life's play
i'll remain devoted to my dream of loving you
and the children will be mine for one more day
i just want to keep my dream for one more day

once upon a time when i was young
my dreams were all i'd ever hoped to find
now i'm in those years where any day could be my last
so let my dreams be the last thought on my mind

and if i don't hear a single word you say
it's just cuz
i just want to keep my dreams for one more day
just leave me with my dreams for one more day
just let me have my dream...
for one more day